Using COVID-19 Volunteer Availability
Please read this privacy statement carefully as it sets out how COVID-19 Volunteer Availability ("us" "we" or “the service”) uses your personal information.
We are an online service that is used by St John Ambulance in order to more effectively record volunteer availability and schedule shifts at supporting hospitals. This service is known as “COVID-19 Volunteer Availability” and is not affiliated or endorsed by St John Ambulance, but instead run by one of it’s volunteers.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact us at James.VanHinsbergh1@sja.org.uk.
We may change this privacy notice periodically by updating this page, revising the last updated date on the page when alterations occur (The last update was 05-Apr-20). Additionally, reasonable steps to make you aware of any changes will be actioned - you will need to consent to use the system again. We also recommend that you check this page from time to time to ensure you keep informed of our current privacy practices.
Information we collect
When you use COVID-19 Volunteer Availability, please bear in mind that we may record:
- Your name, email and unit,
- your provided availability, including a record of when you are scheduled in for a shift,
- the areas of the website that you visit,
- information about your device, such as which browser you are using, your network location, the type of connection you are using (e.g. broadband, ADSL etc) and your IP address.
How is your data processed?
- As a volunteer, you are provided with a link containing a secret key to provided their availability. This is the only data that you will be able to see.
- Treat the provided link as you would do with a password, and do not share it or use it on a public computer. If you believe your person link may have been compromised, please let us know so we can regenerate a new one.
- Your name, email and unit are only visible to privileged members of the system (these are most likely members of St John Ambulance within a district management team).
- The schedule that is created will be transferred by email and is necessary to allow the rota to be finalised. All data transferred to St John Ambulance is then under the relevant policies of St John Ambulance and not controlled or operated by this system.
How will we contact you?
Our emails are restricted to those necessary to perform the function of the website, as such we do not permit opting out of emails.
- We may email you in the course of managing your account, for example password resets.
- We may email you to inform you of important changes to the system, such as this notice being updated. This will not include marketing emails such as new features.
- We will email you to respond to a query or complaint.
- We will never contact you for marketing purposes or transfer your data to another organisation for marketing purposes.
- We will never contact you requesting your password.
How do we protect your personal information?
We're strongly committed to keeping your information safe by ensuring that account access to the server is restricted. Additionally, only St John Ambulance members with a relevant purpose can access the system. However no service can be completely secure, so if you have concerns that your account may be compromised, please contact us immediately.
Can we delete your information?
You can request your account is deleted by emailing James.VanHinsbergh1@sja.org.uk or contacting the system administrator through your line manager. We need to keep a record of all shifts and availability while you volunteer for hospital support, so you will be unable to volunteer if you leave the system. After the COVID-19 pandemic has be resolved, this system will be deleted, along with all of the data. Statistical information, such as the number of volunteering hours and shifts worked will be passed to St John Ambulance for recognition purposes.
What are my rights?
You have the right to request a copy of your information, ask us to correct information that's wrong, to delete it or to request that we only use it for certain purposes. Please note this is not an exhaustive list.